you are sort of misreading. Mind you I probably was not all that clear
-- comes of skimming email and interjecting comments while at work.
Scenario was meant to apply specifically to the invasion of Iraq.
There is no question that we are the cause of the invasion of Iraq. We
did it and nobody had a gun to our heads.

I think you are reading it to mean the on-going Middle East
everything, and yes, that is a much more complicated question. Mind
you, I do not think there are any wholly innocent parties there
either.