Dana wrote:
> hmm. What subsidies are you talking about?  I don't seem to find the
> word anywhere in my proposal except in reference to doing away with
> bogus tax deductions.

When you have one group pay less tax then another, one group is
subsidizing the other.  That's the definition of the word subsidy.
....and you avoided answering the actual question.

"If their subsidies went up (as you suggest) and the taxes above that
line also went up, I know they would NEVER work. Do you think this would
encourage more of that behavior? If not - why not?"

> If you think that doing away with bogus tax
> deductions for corporations will cause the price of goods to increase,
> this is mildly good, imho. The cost of goods should be paid by the
> people who buy them not by the taxpayers. And this will cause an
> increase in the cost of certain goods only, versus the increase under
> your propoal, which will be across the board.

Increasing the price of goods to support a tax - sounds familiar.  It
will only impact people who buy those goods - sounds familiar.

Will cause an increase in the cost of certain goods only?  I don't get
that.  All businesses will have to increase their prices even if they
aren't over the AMT line because they buy good too.