Why would it be a subsidy if one group pays less tax than another? I
think you need to check the definition of the word. Some people make
less than others. In your world some people would wind up spending
more on tax than on housing. Which is ok, you ay, because they get it
back. To which I reply, only if we trust the the feds to be competent,
and neither you nor I finds that likely. So I think you are
inconsistent.

As for your friend -- you are saying if he works he owes more? Ya? He
winds up with more too or hasn't he noticed? I suspect he might have
more incentive under my system though, because he won't be financing
Bill Gate's Social security check. If not well, no proposal is a cure
for stupidity, you know.

Your second point is mistaken though, as corporate welfare is
currently not spread evenly across the business spectrum. It tends to
flow primarily to campaign contributors. If those corporations lose
their tax break and have to increase the price of their goods, then
people will buy those goods if they are worh buying and won't if they
are not. Which is as it should be. Am I really arguing this point with
somoene who claims to be a fiscal conservative?

:)

If you really want a copy of my schedule I'll be happy to provide it.
I recommend we don't go there though  -- it would only give you
nightmares. Meanwhile I need to go deal with real life and hopefully I
can do that without you claiming that I'm dodging the issue because I
need to get groceries and edit some stuff.