I think that moderation is the key to this as to many other things. As
best I recall Britain reached a point where its top tax rate was over
90% -- this was back in the 70s, and that is why people like Mick
Jagger and John Lennon moved elsewhere. Clearly, such a tax structure
is a disincentive to increased earnings. However, if you tax everyone
at 20% -- let's say -- this is a much greater burden on some people
than on others.