"A regressive tax system does not mean and likely would not result in low
income earners paying more taxes than the wealthy, only that the effective
tax rate relative to income or consumption would be a larger tax burden to
low income earners."

Given the definition on the Wikipedia page, the effect of which is summed up
by the above quote, a regressive tax is extremely appealing to me.  It means
that the more I make, the less tax affects me.  That's hellabetter than
being taxed more (in terms of %) just because I'm more successful than I was
the year before.  Gives me even more motivation to better my income.