On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Michael Grant <mgr...@modus.bz> wrote:

> Rally is the stuff that gets my blood pumping.
> Old logging roads, mountains, city streets, deserts...

My family and I have helped put on Rally in the Northwest for a decade
or so now. It can be an amazing thing to watch. We race almost
entirely on gravel logging roads but do a Friday night Super Special
at Portland International Raceway that combines dirt/grass and tarmac.
There are course notes for people that want them but no course
inspection prior to the race and the route book gets released the
morning of the first day.

We hardly ever have anything other than minor injuries but usually end
up breaking about 30% of the cars that enter. Great fun, although this
year I'm thinking that I'll go and spectate for once and take a year
off from volunteering.

http://oregontrailrally.com/

Cheers,
Judah