Those old Group B cars were insane. Really sexy death traps. There is
a guy who lives up near where we'll be running this years Oregon Trail
Rally that has an early 80's Lancia that he will occasionally bring
out for people to ogle. That was all before my time in terms of motor
sport awareness but it is fascinating to go back and watch some old
footage.

One of the things I love about Rally, especially here in the
northwest, is that it isn't all about horsepower. Control of your car
is far more important than raw horsepower. You just don't have enough
straight stretches to get up to 200 mph. People rarely hit above 100
in fact. Carrying speed through a corner with a gravel washboard in
the apex of the corner and 6 foot diameter Doug Fir trees on the other
side...that's some driving skill.

Judah