> Dana wrote:
> so wait... you were in favor of regulation? Aren't you against the
> government tho?

Government is a tool that should be used to regulate markets.  Well.

They don't and aren't.  Banking well regulated?  Nope.  Healthcare
well regulated?  Nope.  Insurance well regulated?  Nope.

There's your problem.

Think of a farmers market.  If even one stand has dangerous products
people will stop trusting the safety of the market and the market will
fail.

The market regulator's job is to set up the standards for which
products will be sold and then let the sellers compete for customers.

We pay taxes to have the government regulate the healthcare market.
and they're not doing their job thus the market has failed.

Why would we now turn over the financing stall to them??

After all, what is the promise government is making?  "Sure we've
failed to regulate the market.  but if you start turning over the
stands - and the money - then we can regulate"  Why can't they do
their job now?

It's like buying sour milk and having the milk man tell you it's
because he's not managing your money and if let him manage some of
your money then your milk won't be sour.

The government has the full power to regulate insurance, regulate the
health care market, control prices, and they even own their own plans,
Medicare and Medicaid.

And they need to control MORE to really help us??

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you.  If only you gave
me even more money and more power then I could really help you."

How is this principle WRONG with Dick Cheney, but RIGHT with Barak Obama?

Let's all stop rolling over when our government fails us and insist
that they do their job.

Government fails to regulate banks, we give the banks billions.

Government fails to regualte healthcare, we give the government billions.

I mean how STUPID are we as tax payers??

How many times do we need to kicked in the nuts before we realize
government is not.  doing.  their job.

FRUST. RATING.