I think the key is becoming in tune with the body. I got a test a while
back,  fifteen years before the recommended routine screening, because I had
symptoms and asked about them. This allowed for something to be no longer a
problem at a time when under the guidelines it would just be getting found,
probably progressed to something kind of serious. But it's not a test you
want to get if you don't need it, and the fact that it saved ME some serious
health problems doesn't mean that everyone should get one. People who need
it should get it, and the key to that is knowing when you are well and when
you are not.