-----Original Message-----
From: Sisk, Kris [mailto:ks...@gckschools.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:22 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: RE: Forget 2012. BP's gonna kill us all before Christmas!

Some may not agree, but I don't consider Judaism to be a separate
religion. After all, Christ himself was a Jew. As for the Gnostics, most
of them were rejected for good reason (for instance many of them didn't
appear until centuries after their supposed authors were dead). I'll
grant you some of them were chosen or not chosen for more editorial
reasons, but it's still the best we have.

***I think Judaism is very different.  The ritual aspects of Judaism and
Christianity are barley even related...Christianity has more in common,
ritually speaking, with Paganism...Roman Paganism in particular...than it
does Judaism.  Even culturally speaking Jews and Christians are worlds
apart.

Absolutely a personal relationship is the most important thing, but a
church serves an important role as a place to gather with those of like
faith. You may question the importance of that but I've feel it's very
important.

****That is true, but many don't need others to validate their faith and
feel that a personal connection with your deity of choice is a stronger one
that one that uses a middleman.

Actually that's exactly it. We feel that what God wants is in the Bible
and the paganism that's seeped into the church over the centuries is not
it.

****Thou shalt not steal? *grin*