I see your point, I do not agree with it, but I see it.

If everything else is equal, I would be more inclined to think
flipping a coin would be a better, and more fair, determination on who
gets a job or slot in a college than using race.

In my mind, it is never good for someone to get any kind of different
treatment based on their race. Ever.