"But, see, for me, THAT is a much better (and more important) argument
to have."

"Is this guy a good guy? What is the source of the funding?"

"That perfectly reasonable question is getting lost in all the other junk."

"It is the same question, though, that would and should be asked about
any large construction project. A commnuity center. Or a Walmart. Or a new
mall. At Ground Zero, or in Boston. Or East Podunk."

While I think that all of the above is pertinent, what if were found the
Osama bin Laden was funding it?  Would it change the Imams right to build at
the site?

I say no.

-

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms those entrusted with
power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny -
Thomas Jefferson on government