>From that source, yes, since receiving money from a terrorist or terrorist
organization is currently a federal crime.

If he was accused of recruiting for jihad (as we have seen in MPLS) or
supporting terrorists (as a few mosques in this country have been), then
yes, he should be prevented from building and opening a business to further
those ends. or close down if found guilty. Of course with the presumption of
innocence, and protecting reasonable (or unreasonable) free speech.

But, if he is not a good guy (calling for the violent overthrow of the US,
for example), or his funding is sketchy, then the local zoning and other
boards may want to take another look at it. If they can.