On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Jerry Barnes <critic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You should check out some of Iman Abdul Rauf's quotes.  Especially the ones
> in Arabic magazines, websites, and publications.  The ones where he says
> that he wants Sharia to be implemented in the United States.  The ones where
> he says he does not believe in religious dialog.  The ones where he says
> those Muslims in hiding for breaking Sharia law should not have their death
> sentences commuted.  And so on.
>
> The peace line sounds good.  I'll even admit that he probably all wants
> peace.  That peace is one where everyone bows to the Mecca.

And somehow the Bush administration missed all that when they sent him
out to engage is dialog with Muslim countries on behalf of the US? I
admit that I was not a fan of the Bush foreign policy team but I
really strongly doubt even they would have sent someone on behalf of
our country who is saying they don't believe in religious dialog and
wants to see Sharia implemented in the US.

Maybe I'm totally wrong though and he is really a secret
fundamentalist who has just been broadly advocating for peace and
tolerance for all these years as a clever disguise for his true
purpose.