You took a quote with no attribution and said you liked it. I took a quote
with attribution and said I liked it. If I liked a quote from the 1200 then
I'd still give attribution. The point of the quote was:
1. there is a relationship
2. it is not an exclusive one

As for wildly accepted, I have to ask by whom? The scientific community who
still fights about string theory? Who only accept as 'fact' something that
has been tested again and again and codified into very specific guidelines.
Even gravity, which we all accept as existing, can differ based on unknown
variables.
But again, there is the granular scientific and the glossed over public
views.