How does it prove it?  You don't have "Felon" stamped on your ID.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cameron Childress [mailto:camer...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:37 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: How states are rigging the 2012 election

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Dana <dana.tier...@gmail.com> wrote:
> a viable alternative might actually be an interesting conversation.
>
> But as things are right now, you do not need ID to register to vote.
> You know that, right? So the rolls do not require ID. What we're
> talking about here is whether you should need to show ID to prove you
> are *that* person who is on the list. (and also incidentally about the
> integrity of the list, but ok, let's call that a separate problem).
>
> I think you are assuming a lot of things about what I think is ok. I'm
> just telling you what is, dude.

If there are laws preventing certain people from voting, we should take
reasonable measures to prevent them from voting.  I personally think that
supplying an ID is a good way to prove that.  I also can't think any other
method that would be reliable enough to be worthwhile.

Then, separately, if the rolls are broken, that needs to be fixed too.
 But bad data on the rolls is no reason to toss the ideals out on their ear.

-Dude