Actually, they don't.  There is so much misinformation about weight
loss circulating that most people have no real idea of how to lose
weight beyond the standard "exercise and eat right:.  But when it
comes to defining what "eating right" means, even the experts
disagree.   Over the last eight years, I've lost over 100 pounds,
weight I gained not from over-eating but because of a pituitary tumor.
 I've educated myself as much as possible on all aspects of dealing
with obesity, so I laughed out loud when during my last hospital visit
the nutritionist came in the latest food pyramid as if it was the
Bible.  So wrong in so many ways.