Maybe they can make use of body scanners instead...if they are useful in
airports, why not jails...

-----Original Message-----
From: Maureen [mailto:mamamaur...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 2:40 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Supreme Court: Strip searches just fine for any offense, no
matter how small

I have mixed feelings on this one.  I can certainly understand the need to
make sure no one is bringing contraband into a jail, to provide for the
safety of both the jailers and the other inmates.  It would be truly tragic
if the guy who was picked up on a bad warrant had been shanked by another
inmate who had a weapon and had not been searched.  This happened to a
family member a few years back.