Very well summed up...*clapping*

-----Original Message-----
From: LRS Scout [mailto:lrssc...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 6:57 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Supreme Court: Strip searches just fine for any offense, no
matter how small

Ok, so here is my take on this.

1.  A holding cell is not a jail is not a prison, and each should have rules
catered to it's specific environment.  Authorizing strip searches for
failure to follow a leash law, or speeding, is excissive.

2.  the guy shouldn't have been arrested, the fine was paid, he should have
been suing for unlawful detention or something, not for having been strip
searched.

3.  Our corrections system is broken.  The fact that some of you so readily
accept contractors on prison staffs is unusual to me.  Outsourcing
government control is a horrible idea in my view.

4.  We jail far to many people in this country.  Non-violent drug related
charges, child support issues, come on going to jail over a leash law or not
having a bell on your bicycle?  Thats insane.  We jail more people per
capita than any other nation in the world.  yet we claim to be the bation of
liberty?  That's ridiculous.

In short, yes, jails and prisons need to be able to safeguard personnel and
inmates.  So I can see where strip searches would be useful.  However as far
as I'm concerned you shouldn't see the inside of a jail or prison until and
unless convicted.  That's what holding cells are for.

We need drastic legal reform.  The corrections industry is just that an
industry.  People are getting rich off of it in this country, and that leads
to abuses.  Also the government is butting in where it should have no
business (local, state and federal are all guilty of it).

You may be denied your rights under due process of law.  Supposedly due
process should have been followed to incarcerate you in the first place, so
therefore your rights may be ignored.