In NJ..you will NEVER go directly to 'county'...ever.

Each city/municipality has 'holding cells' in their police
stations/precincts where people are brought when they are arrested.
Yes, it possible that after 'processing' you would be transferred to
county - but, in NJ, you would never go directly from arrested on the
street to county lockup.