G,

>From an outsider's view, it sounds as if your employer simply chose a
different plan. We have had no change in the coverage in our plan at work,
although, the monthly premium went up about $10 per month, but its has gone
up a little each year since I started here.

Purely speculation, but I do not think it is outside of the realm of
possibility that some employers would change healthcare plans and 'blame'
Obamacare - either them being cheap and trying to find a scapegoat, or
trying to push a political agenda..