Oh and as to gun laws nationally, something I've been reading about is the
Dick Act of 1903.  Basically this did away with the ORGANIZED militia,
created the National Guard, and added law to allow those forces to be
federalized.  What it also did was create a legal recognition of the
UNORGANIZED militia, being all males between 18-45.  So far as I have been
able to find out this has never been over turned.  It was also created in
an era when you could literally order machine guns from Sears through the
mail.  Until the NFA in the 30s sometime we had no real legislation about
firearms.  The prohibition fight had gotten lawyers in an uproar, and
that's why an amendment was required.  So some people came up with the idea
that if instead of banning the machine gun outright, they would simply add
a tax to their purchase that required a tax stamp.  That's where we got
class 3 from.  It's also the way that they made cannabis illegal.  Add a
tax stamp, then tell people they can't have them.  Immoral legal games if
you ask me.

Another thing to note is the use of the words "The People".  As used in the
constitution this pertains to individual citizens, not the states and not
the federal government.  So a plain reading of the 2nd amendment, taking
into account placement of commas and treating them as non-dependent
clauses, the 2nd amendment is to me at least clearly an individual right.
Reading the founders only reenforces this opinion.

In the end it doesn't matter.  They will create whatever legislation they
want, and I will continue to ignore it.