On Nov 16, 2012 2:41 PM, "LRS Scout" <lrssc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ol' bill and Obama aren't ever at odds with the constitution and the law?
>
> Onne signed the assault weapons ban and started the first go of the NDRP;
> the other doubled down on the Bush policies, signed the NDAA, updated the
> NDRP, and just had a 16 year old US citizen murdered without due process.

I'm with you on everything except for the assault weapons - I agree that it
shouldn't have been signed, but I think for a different reason:

I don't believe the Constitution contains a federal prohibition on local
government legislation of private gun ownership.  My opinion is that states
(or cities for that matter) can legislate any gun control they want and I
think that's the best thing for America ... both because I believe in a
small federal government and I believe that's the top principle of the
Constitution: To set limits on how much the Federal government can invade
state's rights.

Therefore my opinion is that the Constitution says that the Federal
government should neither be able to limit arms nor prevent
their limitation.

A president shouldn't sign any such gun legislation simply because like
abortion, prostitution, and drugs, that's a state's rights issue.