"Like I said I don't have any problem having unions, we need collective
bargaining, hell several years ago I suggested starting an IT union on this
very list to represent the interests of 'exempt salaried' employees who
regularly get screwed over."

No one should be against the existence of unions.  It's just that people
should have the right to choose and unions should be accountable to its
members.  Victory in Mich for part one.  Part two is still a lost cause.
 How about 100% transparency on union books?

Hell, at this point, it is debatable that they are needed.  The government
itself has taken on many of the responsibilities unions used to carry out.
 That doesn't mean that they won't be needed in the future.   With
austerity coming down hard in Europe and more than likely on the way here,
the need for unions may be sooner than later.

-

You simply get chills every time you see these poor individuals, as Jack
Cafferty just pointed out, so tragically, so many of these people, almost
all of them that we see, are so poor and they are so black, and this is
going to raise lots of questions for people who are watching this story
unfold. - Wolf Blitzer