Right. Because it was a tongue-in-cheek commentary on the Torah (written
law without the oral law taken into account at all), it lacked a certain
context. To respond properly, I would need to look at what you said, read
it in context, and see what the commentaries say to shed more light on each
case. However, because I believe the Torah and its law are just, I feel the
need to rebut. I certainly feel the need to defend - what you're calling
tongue-in-cheek, Maureen, is (in my eyes) an attack on my belief system,
though I know you didn't intend it that way.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time for it now. I have a house to clean
for Shabbos, kids to pick up from school, writing work to do, and Michael's
having his operation on Monday... Things are a bit hectic. *sigh*

 So I'll just say -- maybe in a few days, when Michael's done with his
operation, I might even be able to respond.

Peace, Maureen. Just wanted you to know where I'm coming from.

Judith