"but therein, you've already let your bias show that you believe its
the lowering
of morals that caused this."

But your bias doesn't come into play?  Typical.

"We don't know if there were mental issues, or it was just plain stupidity
that caused this kid to do this."

We sure don't, and when I wrote the original post, none of the issues with
the perpetrator's mental state were disclosed.

"Heck it may have even been that the mother was trying to get help for her son,
but with the current climate of 'personal responsiblity', nobody wanted to
contribute to a 'hand-out' mentality. "

Again, this was revealed much later than the original post.

You didn't address whether you believe the issue I stated are legitimate
issue related to a moral decline if one exists.

-

Ninety percent of politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
- Henry Kissinger

Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel,
go out and buy some more tunnel. - John Quinton