The fact that the anonymity gives the people involve the ability to interact
before any bias can come up is the good thing. Even if it does later on,
hopefully it will result in the 'TV-like morality lesson'. Even one person
treating another like a fellow human being is a good thing.
And as for being sanitized, I think its quite the other way around when it
comes to email. We post our thought without much editing for content,
grammer or social ques. The slips, rants and other things we post tell
others a lot about who we really are. If a psychologist went through our
posts they could probably build a rather accurate picture of each of us. The
true us.

> Is it a removal of bias when you deal with someone anonymously? On the
> surface, it seems like it works, but as I see it the bias hasn't been
> removed, only obfuscated.
>
> The interaction is able to take place without a preconception or prejudice
> based on appearance, and that can certainly be good. But that doesn't
really
> mean that the bias doesn't exist. To take an obvious stereotype example:
if
> you put a prejudiced white person in a room with a prejudiced black
person,
> the bias is there. If they interact online with no knowledge of skin
color,
> the interaction may proceed normally, but what happens if they then meet?
We