Naw, that's called capitalism. And a market driven economy.

But (a little more seriously) the US seems to have had a policy of keeping each region
roughly balanced following the concept of MAD (mutually assured destruction). It
worked so good for the US and the USSR we figured to pass it around.

We would sell weapons to our "favorites", but not enough to let them win hands down.
Just enough to win if push ever really came to shove.

And we would sell to people we didn't like very much, if it kept the balance.

Of course the defense industry would sell to anyone they could, regardless of
anything, but have been somewhat held in check by the above overarching concept by the
government.

Do I think it is right? No.
Do I think it is smart? No.
Do I think it will come back to bite us in the @ss? Yes.
Do I think we should leave Iraq alone because they are just doing what everyone else
is trying to do? No. They need to pay the piper, and follow through on their
commitments. And we should make them, because we can.

Jerry

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/20/02 11:58AM >>>
Jerry, who supplied him with the means to attack? We were pushing weapons to
Sadaam like crazy not even 20 years ago. Must be convenient for the defense
industry to sell a bunch of shit, and then 20 years later have to sell a
bunch more to combat who they sold to in the first place. That doesn't seem
at all backwards?