Anyone want to bet the CIA isn't all over Venezuela right now figuring
out how to replace Chavez?

If the CIA fails, I'd put money on Bush sending the troops to
Argentina, for some reason or another.

--
 jon
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

BS> Ya know... the oil actually belongs to Iraq... to the Iraqi people. Currently the
Iraqi regime has some control over the money that is earned when the oil is sold...
the oil for food routine via
BS> the UN sanctions work to some extent however the regime still manages to get their
hands on a lot of the money... some of it through smuggling of oil.

BS> The Russians currently have most of the contracts for supporting the oil producing
infrastructure, pumps, pipelines etc... but the real money is in the oil, not the
facilities.

BS> A regime change in Iraq opens the opportunity for a true redistribution of wealth.
Currently the general Iraqi population is dirt poor. The money flows only through the
regime and their cronies
BS> that is all about keeping the regime in power. Therefore most of the GNP is
generated through military spending. With a regime change that money generated by the
oil can be used for roads,
BS> librarys, industrial expansion, the general increase in the standard of living of
the typical citizen.  The US will not own the Iraqi oil .... unless of course we take
over the country ala the
BS> techniques of Saddam when he took over Kuwait for a few months in 1990.

BS> Truthfully the worlds got plenty of oil right now... the world has been getting
along just fine without the oil from Iraq which has been cut way back the last 10 or
more years.  Venezuela, which
BS> supplies 25% of the US oil imports is the real concern now... with their current
slide towards civil war.