it's a one-time transfer, moving the site to an actual data host. The files
are tiny, user name, password, email address, location, number of posts,
last post, etc. Maybe 500 of them.

I am yeah wondering about CF but I havent done any real file manipulation
yet. what's the syntax for read?

Dana

Jerry Johnson writes:

> Are they regular in size and shape?
>
> How big are the files?
>
> I would write a simple cf page that reads and inserts, if the totals are reasonable
> and you didn't needs to do it everyday.
>
> If you get stuck, send me a couple lines of the text file and the db structure to
> pour it in, and I'll jumble it together.
>
> Jerry Johnson

> I didn't get an answer to this on talk, let me try you guys. I have data in
> a bunch of text files, where fields are delimited by | characters (user
> data from a Perl bulletin board). I would like to put this data into a
> mysql database... Surely there is a better way than cut and paste?
>
> Dana
>
> But I don't make films
> But if I did they'd have a samurai - Bare Naked Ladies

Host with the leader in ColdFusion hosting.
Voted #1 ColdFusion host by CF Developers.
Offering shared and dedicated hosting options.
www.cfxhosting.com/default.cfm?redirect=10481