I've never understood the idea behind cheating in an online game.  I
mean, yes, you "win", but maybe once, and you get banned after that, and
you're not going to have a pool of IP's to draw from to get back on the
server.

It's probably the same ethos as hacking in general - prove that you can
do it and be done with it.  I notice the a similar attitude with
experienced players who jump on newbie servers and rack up scores of
kills against players with maybe an hour of game experience, who then
get angry and leave and don't want to play anymore.

I used to administer some Doom2 Multiplayer servers and we had a mod
where an invulnerable/invincible admin could run around the level and
off players. Most of my time was spent taking care of guys who were
pulling off rocket jumps and multiple headshots on the noob levels.
It's a lot more fun to do that than just boot people off. ;)

- Jim