I just saw a Law and Order *chuckle* where this young mother was bullied into not bottlefeeding by this breastfeeding Nazi and the kid ended up starving to death. She told her she was a bad mother, etc.

Now, I agree that if it came down to that, she should have had the common sense to feed the baby some formula. Obviously.

Candace K. Cottrell, Web Developer
The Children's Medical Center
One Children's Plaza
Dayton, OH 45404
937-641-4293
http://www.childrensdayton.org

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2/4/2004 2:05:08 PM >>>
Amen to all of this. Though I do think it is also wrong when a bunch of women start telling mothers who bottlefeed that they are neglectful or something. I personally thing breastfeeding is a no-brainer - better for both mother and child, cheaper... what's not to like? But I stay away
from telling other people how to be a mother. Too much of that going around already.

Dana