> I think I would like the democracy of everybody being able to vote on the
importance of a thread, but maybe some voters' opinions have more weight
then others.
This is why I'm leaning towards the volunteer model for thread information.

> Something I've always felt should be on lists like this is the ability to
actually move threads to more appropriate locations.  Is it too big a deal
that some kind of moderator(s) could relocate an entire list form one forum
to another?
Working on it. With all the threads and messages in a single huge DB, moving
them from one list to another will be simple. currently there are a few
different DBs for different lists. It was an early design that has to be
moved away from. Problem is that it's a 2 gig design. There have been a LOT
of posts. That's on the top of my list.