You'd swear similar riots, beatings, and heinous mob acts of violence
have never occurred in the history of the United States.

As far as I remember, the United States had an extremely violent, and
bloody history, with Americans being guilty of mass genocide and savage
murders against unarmed women and children.
If you dispute that I can find several examples during the civil war,
and during the systematic destruction of the indigenous people that
lived in what is now known as the United States.

Blame your president for taking unilateral action against Iraq under
false pretenses, and having no plan for managing and controlling the
country afterward apart from the oilfields.

But please don't imply that the Iraqis are worse than any other country,
including your own with regards to rioting, or violence during its
period of 'nation building'. And please don't imply that after America
attacked Iraq that it does not have a responsibility to follow through
on its promises and support the country and engage in "Nation Building"
as Powel put it. Or was that all a bunch of sh**?

Perhaps someone living on a little Caribbean island can look on with
utter shock and horror, and may even legitimately be able to say our
citizens never acted thus and reach a (in my view false ) conclusion
that the Iraqis in general are subhuman and not worthy of any support or
assistance.

But America? Please. America certainly isn't a stranger to such horrific
acts on the way to its present equilibrium.

Pick up a US history book. It is doubly different to attempt to
understand another society, if you don't even know where your own came
from.

-Gel