Remember Gel none of us are exactly innocent. Look at the brutal suppression
of the natives of the various islands by the colonial and post colonial
powers. For instance weren't the Carib people wiped out by the Spanish and
British and their settlers in the 16th and 17th centuries?

Similarly there have been similar incidents in Mexico and in South America
with the native rulers. Didn't the Incas and Aztecs slaughter thousands of
prisoners and slaves in single day long events? The Iroquois wiped out the
Hurons in southern Canada, and throughout the history of North America there
have been plenty of incidents of cannibalism, genocide, torture and what we
now call ethnic cleansing by various native tribes on others.

Wasn't it Tamerlane that beheaded every inhabitant of Baghdad in the 13th
century and created a pyramid of their heads? And that was just one of many
massacres he committed.

In other words while the US is guilty of many things, in its formation, its
been far less brutal than many nations. At no point in its recent history
has it followed an official policy of armed and active retribution like the
Germans did in the two world wars.

Lets keep some perspective here.

larry

http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm19126_20040331.htm
<http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm19126_20040331.htm>

I know it is generalizing, but i cant find in the article where it says that
anyone tried to stop this. so to me it looks like the people of Iraq get off
on desecrating corpses. hmmm, these are the same people who decry American
anti-arab sentiment....I wonder freaking why that is?

Does anyone have any information where mobs of americans have done this to
anyone, ever?

--
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.