> I even asked for
> instances that people could show me of americans acting that way.

Here's two:

James Byrd Jr. "In June of 1998, James Byrd, Jr., age 49, was savagely
dragged behind the back of a pick-up truck for three miles along Huff Creek
Road in Jasper, Texas. His crime was the color of his skin. While walking
along Martin Luther King Boulevard on the fateful Sunday of his death, Byrd
was picked up by three white ex-convicts in a pick-up truck, beaten, and
chained to the truck by his ankles with a towing chain. Strung out for the
three mile length along Huff Creek Road are the haunting reminders of the
horror Byrd experienced: seventy four pink circles spray-painted onto the
pavement mark the places where investigators retrieved the remains of James
Byrd or his personal effects."

Matthew Shepard, the young gay man who was tied to a fence and beaten to
death. And if you think people aren't celebrating that:
http://www.365gay.com/newscontent/100303phelpsMemorial.htm
Don't worry. It's work-safe.

Sure it's Phelps, but I recall when it happened that there were talk shows
with guests that basically said, "he deserved it".

-Kevin