Dick, just think of it this way... if you develop on a MS platform, you'll
be able to bill the clients for 25% more time than it would take to develop
on a mac! Besides, the clients are probably more used to inferior product!

Now, in all seriousness, I develop CF on a W2k box at my office because that
is what they provide me. They pay for all the software/hardware and I get to
use what THEY pick for databases etc. so I can't give much help with free
software.

I'm thinking of trying to develop CF as a side job to raise some money, but
would guess I won't get to do that on my iMac (even tho I'd kill to be able
to do so!).

I've seen some vendors traveling with 2 laptops and they do demos with them
cabled together - one is the 'server' and the other is the 'client' - they
do that because the customers don't believe that there's any way you can put
a server on a laptop and do demos like it is both a client and server!

Maybe you could buy a cheap non-apple laptop and install Linux server on it
and impress the clients with your portable network! You could still use your
mac as the client and development box.

If you do decide to venture over to the dark side, I wouldn't blame you...
my kids would rather eat than just be happy saying Daddy develops on a
macintosh!

I will say that I (tho I'm sure I'm in the minority) do appreciate your
efforts and your constant chatter on this list. I try to read every one of
your notes because you've got the kind of guts to state your opinions (no
matter how wrong everyone else is! HA). You're my kind of guy.

Good luck

Mitch