Happens to me also... This is the reason I don't allow my IM windows to open
automatically, I have them flash in the system tray. Actually I don't think
I've had an application alert happen ( and go away ) like this in quite some
time now... I suspect it's becoming less and less common for apps to
automagically hog up the system caret in favor of minimized, flashing system
tray or taskbar items... which is probably a good thing.

Isaac Dealey
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046