What province would this be in? There is GST on a federal basis which is 7%,
but there is also sales tax in most provinces, and the rates vary.

Dawn

> Hi,
> We are building an e-commerce site that is specifically targeted to a
Canadian market. Most of our work has either been US domestic or so
international that we use a 3rd party to do the calculations.

> Anyway, anyone know of or have a quick reference to how sales taxes are
calculated in Canada and to what they apply? (ie I believe one of the taxes
applies to another tax, and are shipping charges generally taxed?) We are
having trouble getting information out of our client that is accurate in
this area.