Sorry - forgot the Canuck nuances :)  -
I did preface it by saying - please don't take any of it as final! -

As for a company adding those fees when shipping to Canada - one of my
clients ahd me do it. Perhaps that is why they killed the shipping to
Canada within 3 months - it was expensive!

jay miller
Bryan Stevenson wrote:

Matt,

Jason's info is a tad off in some cases....I'm a Canuck...trust me ;-)

For starters the brokerage fee and all that nonsense is only in play if
the

goods cross the border.  That said, I have yet to see 1 US site add
these

fees to the price when shipping goods to Canada (we end up getting an

additional bill from the CCRA...like IRS for you yanks).  BTW that bill
is

often about half the cost of the goods!!!!!

The rates for provinces are off and are combining 2 taxes (GST and PST
and

sometimes HST).  These amounts need to be reported seperately.

I've already contacted Matt offline, but for anyone else interested go
here:

http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/menu-e.html
<http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/menu-e.html>  (like IRS) and follow the tax

link...it should give all the details for each province.

HTH

Bryan Stevenson B.Comm.

VP & Director of E-Commerce Development

Electric Edge Systems Group Inc.