I have used alot of Concepts from Jakarta Structs as MVC for recent
application.
It worked very well, with a very high level of code management. Begining
with
file structure

index.cfm is the only exposed page of the applicaiton.
application.xml for application level control/instantiation

system/model/data -- contains data objects
system/model/logic -- logic controls
system/model/validator -- validation controls for forms etc

system/controller -- controller files
system/view -- all view sub-components or pages.

controller.xml for flow control and method execution mappings.. similar to
whats
done in Jakarta Struts except ...*.cfc used here. All method mappings are
executed
dynamically and variables in the xml mapping get the result or set values in
variables scope. View Components do NOT touch high level scope variables
like
client/session/application.

I have been quite happy with the Model.. Once the model is written.. all you
do is
write your data layer methods and view pages.. and you are done.. The
controller does
the rest of the job.

> Ease of development and organization
Heavy resistance from other CF Developers at first.. but then some started
to realize
the benefits... Others are hung on the Fusebox 3 Case Style.

If you are really excited about developing some class applications and tight
coding... it becomes very hard
to work with developers who arent looking to improve.. but just get the
project done...

Joe Eugene