>While I still don't like it, I do have a better understanding of why others
>might like it, and perhaps would even agree that it may help some people
>with their development process. Without this thread, I probably wouldn't
>have that understanding.

I find myself very much agreeing with you, Dave, in that I think this thread has been
very educational. I do wish people would not react so personally when someone says
they dislike a particular methodology or framework. I personally don't think one
framework can solve all problems in web development, and that each application should
be viewed on its own merits and the first question that should be asked is: What's the
best tool for this job?

For example: Let's say you've inherited a ColdFusion application that's not in
Fusebox, and you've got to work on it/enhance it in some way within a short time
period. Is it better to sit and recode that app to be a Fusebox app, or is it better
to take the app as is and recode where needed? I've never coded in Fusebox (or in
ColdFusion, for that matter, though I can edit articles on both), but I would imagine
that there are times when you'd want to use Fusebox and there are times when time
constraints/other issues might cause you to decide to use some other
methodology/framework or your own coding guidelines for a more generic ColdFusion app.

Thoughts from people who are actually in the trenches here?

Judith

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com