Jochem wrote:
> After doing a simple division by 2.20371, your balance doesn't quite
> balance anymore.

You mean do the division in the sql?  Thats something I would never
do, personally.  I  only like to use the db for a container and pretty
much handle all logic outside of it; only storing derived results.  I
would make sure my field spec is capable whatever I fed it, and if
there was some issue like rounding currency properly I would handle
that in the application layer.

I know this isn't a universal preference, and if I recall correctly
doing this sort of thing in SQL is faster.  I found that long, long
ago my life in debugland was a lot easier if I kept my logic all in
code and nowhere near the db.  May be an outdated viewpoint.

--
--Matt Robertson--
MSB Designs, Inc.