Paul wrote:

> kinda of an expensive way to do things, certainly not getting your money's
> worth out of the db.

Strictly speaking you're dead on the money.  However I wonder how many
of the apps in the lower-end realm we are talking about here would
need or even appreciate the difference unless someone benched it, and
then, would anyone notice?  Again, I think when you want to start
optimizing to this degree I think you also want to be into a
bigger/badder db platform, you'll have a dedicated dba, a design team,
an application dev team etc.  It won't be a small/medium site
developed in toto by one person and perhaps skinned by another.

I wonder how many developers optimize everything into the db like that?

--
--Matt Robertson--
MSB Designs, Inc.