> Strictly speaking you're dead on the money.  However I wonder how many
> of the apps in the lower-end realm we are talking about here would
> need or even appreciate the difference unless someone benched it, and
> then, would anyone notice?  Again, I think when you want to start

pretty much all of them i'd guess. db interactions are important, if your
app sucks at, your app sucks.

> an application dev team etc.  It won't be a small/medium site
> developed in toto by one person and perhaps skinned by another.

sure it would. if your app uses a db then you better make sure you're using
it properly, size doesn't really matter. if you take on a db as part of app
development then you should be using the db to it's fullest extent possible.

> I wonder how many developers optimize everything into the db like that?

no idea but that's not what i said. i try to get my money's worth out of a
db. it does certain things better than cf, etc. and it should be used for
those things.