Matt Robertson wrote:
> Jochem wrote:
>>
>> After doing a simple division by 2.20371, your balance doesn't quite
>> balance anymore.
>
> You mean do the division in the sql?  Thats something I would never
> do, personally.

Where else can you do it and have control over precision and
rounding? In CF we have no control over the datatype, which means
there is no way we can control precision if there is an int to
float conversion in an unexpected place.
In databases we have exact numeric types of arbitrary scale and
precision that have a behaviour that is exactly specified by the
SQL standard. Except in MySQL.

Jochem