The point in the whole discussion is not whether to use MySQL for your
projects, but WHEN to choose MySQL for your projects. Running a simple
website is pretty much a MySQL job, but when you are doing some serious
development whereas business processes heavily rely on database data,
data integrity and maintaining (even forcing) it is of such an
importance you have those features available.

Still people say, "hey that list is outdated". Sure it is, it has been
created in if I recall, about autumn of 2003 on a dutch IT forum as a
result of months of MySQL gibberish and a person called ACM had written
it out but still most of the points still affect current releases. Most
companies lack updates, not upgrading to newer versions, still
suggesting older versions are more mature, and thus the result is the
posted listing. Using InnoDB overcomes some of the MySQL behaviour but
still out of the box....

The whole point about MySQL is actually only one: The software doesn't
have capabilities of maintaining AND forcing constraints or
relationships. ;)

Somebody asked what database to choose then, I would suggest looking at
PostgreSQL if you need a free solution.
Micha Schopman
Software Engineer
Modern Media, Databankweg 12 M, 3821 AL  Amersfoort
Tel 033-4535377, Fax 033-4535388
KvK Amersfoort 39081679, Rabo 39.48.05.380