> From: Claude Schneegans [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> This may very well be true, and this is exactly the trouble.
> A good CF application, I'd say ANY application written in ANY
> language, should be easily followed by any one who is good
> enough in the language.

I don't think you will find anyone who disagrees with that! However, keep in
mind that there are many ways to achieve the same end result in programming
so even though you might have a decent command of the language, you may run
into times when you don't follow the approach because you would have chosen
a different one yourself. For instance, I use Fusebox with application A and
you come along and say you don't know what the hell is going on.... that
does not mean either of us is any less of a programmer, it simply means we
do not agree on the approach taken even though there is nothing wrong with
the approach that was taken! You follow me? You can't discredit an
application or the ability to easily follow it just bacause you are not in
favor of the approach.

> If he needs to learn some dialect above the language, plus a
> religion about the language, then it makes everything
> complicated for nothing and maintenance more difficult.

I would say that if you are not open to learning above and beyond the first
5 chapters of the CF WACK then you are in the wrong field. There will ALWAYS
be better ways to do things and shorter, faster, more efficient means to
reach the end. Not everyone is going to code like you nor can you expect
that. Either expand your knowledge and deal with the fact that the ability
to do things differently exists or refrain from making such ridiculous
claims such "complicated for nothing" and "maintenance more difficult". I
have worked on many applications, not necessarily Fusebox related whereby
they were solid and easily maintained and expanded and some not so. Same
goes for FB apps.

> The second point is that I'm not convinced that it makes
> things easier even for those familiar with the framework,
> even if they all claim it does.

I am not sure you are in position to even make such a claim considering your
have very little experience with Fusebox. I would also venture to say that
the people who do use Fusebox would disagree with you about the framework
NOT making things easier. It sure does make things easier and more organized
or people wouldn't use it!