> while i now clearly see the CF light...there's gotta be a
> darkside lurking
> somewhere. yeah? maybe just a little bitty one?

I'll echo the "it's about money" statements, but follow up with a
caveat.  If your needs are simple enough that shared hosting would work
(you don't need a colocated server all to yourself), CF can be pretty
cheap.  You can download a free local development copy of CF server for
all your developers.  Then for production, you use one of the many
hosting companies that offers ColdFusion.  However, I have noticed that
ColdFusion shared hosting is a bit more expensive than PHP
($5-$10/month).  If you want good recommendations on a host, search this
list's archives for 'hosting' and you'll find tons of good advice.

[INFO] -- Access Manager:
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in
error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its
entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.  Thank you.   A2