While you're talking about hosting Jacob, I'd suggest either Gearhost.com
(CF hosting as low as $8.95, with mySQL included for as low as $16.95). I
used them for almost 2 years and they were great. Their Control panel is
quite good as well.

Alternately, my company, ICGLink, offers CF hosting for as low as $10 per
month:
http://www.icglink.net/features.html

Whomever you choose, I do second Jacob's suggestion of shared hosting. It's
the rare company that really needs their own server. Shared hosting can be
extremely economical since you don't have to support the machine, purchase a
CF license and can download a free text editor with CF hooks from the
internet.

It's possible to develop in CF for NOTHING, not counting the cost of
hosting.

andy matthews
web developer
ICGLink, Inc.